Seeing life through a lens.

Hey everyone!

My name is Brianna. I love taking photos of family, friends, animals, concerts, and just about anything else. Below you'll find some things I've been happy to experience through my lens. Enjoy! :)

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rainy days = home haze.

So it's been a while since my last post and my cousin Katie asked me to update, so I'm listening. haha! I'm also bored at work, so why not?!

Alrighty, so not a whole lot has happened since my last post. I finished my spring semester at the end of April and began working full time instead of my regular 9-5 M,W & F. So now I'm working 9-5 M-F, which is different, but that's life.

Ah-ha! I have a story!

I guess one crazy thing that has happened in the Bauer household is that the roof that hangs over our patio out back has recently had some trouble with leaks. The house was built back in the 70's, so that's not a huge surprise. My Dad had planned to fix the roof with replacing all of the plywood and adding new shingles.

Saturday, 5/31 was the day Dad, Jack, Michael, Chris and Andrew were to begin the fun process.

Saturday morning the construction began and after basically all day they finally finished tearing the old would out, and putting the new wood on the roof. All but the shingles had been done..... Dad figured since there was only a 10% chance of rain that the roof would be ok until they put the shingles on Sunday afternoon.

Well when it rains it pours. Literally...

Sunday after the family came home from Mass, it started to get dark and eventually started to rain. The ceiling in the kitchen began leaking. At first it was just one stream of water coming from a light fixture, so I reach under the cabinet and grabbed a bowl to catch the water. Not long after that there were many more "streams" from various fixtures and we had to run around the house to find buckets. It was a crazy and time consuming experience, but we got through it and luckily we had a lot of hands and the kids were taking buckets outside and dumping them and that kept them occupied. Well needless to say, there is some water damage and a few repairs will be done to the house, so that is kind of stressful for my parents, but we'll get through it and all will be ok. I hope. ha! So anyway, that's my story.

2 comments:

Ramsey Days said...

NICE! That stinks though...what a mess that was I bet.

Glad you updated, and listened to me, your old cousin.

Love ya

Brianna said...

Yeah it was... No fun at all. We actually have to leave the house for about a month because some areas need to be redone b/c of the damage, so that's no fun. But we get a house on the beach. lol I'll prob stay at my A&A's house most of the week though cause I don't wanna waste that much gas going to and from work. :P

No problem. I need to get into the habit.

Love ya too!