Seeing life through a lens.

Hey everyone!

My name is Brianna. I love taking photos of family, friends, animals, concerts, and just about anything else. Below you'll find some things I've been happy to experience through my lens. Enjoy! :)

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

NY trip.

It's now Wednesday and I'm just now writing about my trip to NYC. Oops.

Thursday morning mom and I had the alarm set for 6am, but for some reason I was up at 5:55am and ready to get going. (This is rare. But excitement does things to you. haha) So we visited a little more with moms family and we heading off to White Plains, NY.

We got to our hotel around 8:30 and checked in so we could leave our bags in our room. We made it in time to catch our complimentary breakfast at the hotel, so that was a plus. Next up we were driven to the metro station and we bought our tickets and waited around for our metro train.

The metro trains are really cool. I have never been on one and I thought it was cool. We both enjoyed the ride. Although we tried not to look too touristic. That was a hard thing to mask because mom had a fanny pack on, but oh well. ;)

The train ride lasted about 40 minutes or so and in no time we arrived at Grand Central.

Grand Central is so neat! You just stand there in awe exploring every bit of beautiful architecture. It was really neat to be standing there in person because I've seen it in so many movies and it was really great to be able to really experience Grand Central Station and how busy it was.

After we left GCS we started walking into the city. For those of you who have been to NYC you know you walk everywhere and it's insane because there are so many people there. You walk across the street and sometimes you have to run in order to not be hit by a taxi or a crazy NY driver. I'm not even joking when I say crazy. They drive so fast and don't care if people are walking. Forget about pedestrians having the right of way. Ha!

The city is pretty neat, the buildings are beautiful and huge, although the atmosphere is a little odd at times. There is a lot of interesting people wandering the streets of NY, but I guess that's everywhere. Central Park was beautiful too.

Near the end of the day we walked past Hard Rock Cafe and I wanted to go there and look around, so we decided to just stay and get a drink, (well mom did, but I had to have a shake.) and relax a little bit. We decided to get the collectors cup which was a 24oz cup, so mom drank 24oz of some alcoholic beverage. It was funny because when we left she said to me, "Well now I'm feeling a little sluggish.". It wasn't too bad because we were getting tired and I really only wanted to see Time Square before we left, so off we went.

Time square is really, really neat. It's exactly like what you see in movies and it's a very neat thing to experience in person. I took tons of pictures and loved seeing all of the huge movie posters and how many normal restaurants are just shoved into these buildings. It was probably the highlight of the day.


I have some pictures to share and you can kind of get a feel for our experience. Here are the links. It's not letting me post it the way I want, so I had to C&P the link.

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=201100547&k=ZVFXQ3S435VM5ACCUCZZTR

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=201100547&k=Y6FX34P3UWYM5ACCUCZZTR

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=201100547&k=Y3F3Z3T2T5YM5ACCUCZZTR

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=201100547&k=Y4LT5WPZQ45M5ACCUCZZTR


We went to Albany, NY for a wedding. (That's why we were in NY in the first place.) So there are pictures from there as well. We had a great trip!! :)

No comments: